Monday 8 March 2010

Logo Plans

From the research I performed earlier in my blog I decided that a simple logo can transform a bands image and make them internationally well known like the Rolling Stones (below) for instance whose mouth insignia appears on all sorts of merchandise and is recognisable not just in England and America. I am not necessarily saying that to become popular a band must have a logo, on the contrary to have a logo is merely an easy way to design merchandise and thus because this one image encapsulates the band it becomes a brand which is fashionable to wear and to advertise the audiences support of the band. For these reasons I decided to attempt to create a simple yet effective logo for The New York Fund. It had to conform to the band image I had already created with the digipak front cover and the magazine advert, this is why the colours I chose matched those that were used on these two productions; this way a brand style is more prevalent and these colours can be carried on to other albums, singles and merchandise in different styles/motifs to expand on the band style.



The first logo I created (shown below) was playing with the letter N for New York Fund and it used the colours I had set out to use and remained simple which fits in with the band style I had created, however this logo is a mite dull, although I took inspiration from The White Stripes amazing video (shown below).


It does not have the same impact as the moving image fading into the distance! On top of this I would like to use more of the initials to make the logo clear this is why my second attempt was a lot more successful.

This is the logo I have chosen because it uses the entire initials and the colours that signify the band style. The font I have kept the same as on the digipak and magazine advert to also become part of the band style, and the parallel block colour also does this. The green strips add an extra dimesion to a design that would otherwise be quite dull, but i think the simpleness of this design works well with my band style thus almost creating brand style.

2 comments:

  1. Note: The white bar at the side of the two logos I created, is a fault and is not integral to the logos themselves, so ignore it please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please post your digipak final designs onto your blog without delay. That is front cover, inside panels left and right, and back cover. Could you please label each carefully. Ta.

    ReplyDelete